Banff Guided Fishing
Lake Minnewanka Fishing Tours
Looking for something new and exciting on your vacation in the Canadian Rockies? Lake Minnewanka is renowned as a “fisherman’s paradise” and is rated in the top 10 of lake trout fisheries in Canada. Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies in Banff National Park, Lake Minnewanka is famous for big Lake Trout and oversized Rocky Mountain Whitefish. You’ll fish with Bald Eagles, Loons and Osprey in this stunning mountain setting. Lake Minnewanka is a spectacular mountain lake that winds through an S-shaped valley, 28 kilometers long (18 miles) and up to 150 meters deep. (450 feet) No wonder the “monsters” lurk in the depths.
Banff Lake Cruise and our fishing guides offer guided fishing tours in Banff National Park. Our charter fishing fleet includes two brand new custom-built Hewescraft “Sea Runner” fishing boats. All boats are fully equipped with everything you’ll require, including rods, reels, tackle and the most modern electronic and sonar equipment to help locate the fish.
Our boats are all Transport Canada approved, complete with mandated safety equipment and two-way radio contact with our dock office for your comfort and assurance while on the water. Each boat has an enclosed cabin that provides shelter to clients from inclement weather conditions. We do advise you to bring a sweater and jacket (layers you can remove) as well as rain gear, a hat and gloves. Trips are based on four and one half hours and include the services of our licensed & highly professional guides. All our fishing guides are certified and licensed by Parks Canada. Our job is to take you to the fish - we know where they are. Your job is to enjoy this incredible experience... and don't forget your camera!
Call now and book a guided fishing tour in Banff at Lake Minnewanka for a premiere fishing experience. Our guides know fish.
Banff Guided Fishing Reservations
Click here now to book your fishing trip in Banff online. In the comments section please specify date, sailing time and number of adults/children in your party. Please note that reservations for fish trips via email are required 72 hours in advance. Alternatively, reservations for fish trips can be made immediately by calling 403 762-3473.
Reservations are required to guarantee Banff fishing charters. Reserve now to avoid disappointment.
2014 Banff Guided Fishing Departures
||May 17 through to Sept 1
||8:00 am & 1:00 pm
|Half-Day Charter Fishing
||8:00 am; 1:00 pm; 5:30 pm
|Full-Day Charter Fishing
||8:00 am & 1:00 pm
|Advanced reservations for departure times may be flexible based on request.
2014 Banff Guided Fishing Rates
|Fishing Experience (3 hours)
||$149 Adults $89 Child (6-15)
|Charter Fishing Rates:
|Half Day (4 hours):
||$395 for one or two people
|Half Day fishing includes soft drinks and water
|Full Day (6.5 hours):
||$500 for one or two people
|Full Day fishing includes lunch
|$75.00 for each additional fishing adult
|$50.00 for each additional child ages 6-15 and/or non-fishing adult
|Maximum occupancy on fishing boats is 5 passengers
- Children must be accompanied by full paying adult; Children under 5 are complimentary.
- Rates are subject to GST and are quoted in Canadian funds. VISA, MasterCard, American Express accepted with reservations, Direct Debit at time of purchase.
- Reservations are required to guarantee fishing charters. Reserve now to avoid disappointment.
- Please feel free to contact us directly to request any additional information.
- Click here for more information on 2014 Fishing Permit rates. Parks Canada Licenses are available directly at the boat dock.
- Fishing Permits must be purchased before charter fishing trip.
- Click here for more information on the Canadian Fishing Regulations.
- Boxed lunch is included in full day fishing, with water & juice included in half day fishing
- 48 hours notice is required for cancellations to avoid cancellation charges.
- Headed out for a half or full day of guided fishing? Click here to fill out the guided fishing booking form and fax or email it back to us.
Banff Lake Cruise & Fishing Charters are located in the boathouse “on the dock” at Lake Minnewanka. We are located 9 km (5 miles) from the town of Banff on the Minnewanka Loop Road, about a 15 minute drive. Please plan to be at the dock 15 minutes prior to your charter fishing departure time. Ample parking is available at the lake. Transportation to and from your Banff accommodation can be arranged at an extra charge.